Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Week

The first week of the program was definitely a learning experience. I was away from home for more than just a couple of days without my family, I was roommates with three other people, the list goes on. In the first week I had to learn how to schedule my time and find time to have fun. There was some drama, but what would life be without it, Utopia? A world free from complication. My motivation for this week was my mother. She's always so proud of me for succeeding in whatever I choose to do with my life. She is my inspiration for whatever I want to do. What challenged me the most throughout this whole week was just adapting to the surrounds which I was brought into. Meeting new people and making friends. I learned that I am ready to be on my own, but I am still willing to have guidance from my parents, friends, and advisors. The experience of just being on my own time schedule, and having to know where to go, and when to go there; to be on time helped me to figure this out for myself. I am a senior in High School and I am beginning to see the world around me as more than just what it has been before, a closed door dying to be opened, a world that the lock that once stood before has been broken and I am ready to walk up to it and when I get there, open the door to this new world.

No comments: